Topics

"rate05_feb17.csv" file in the Cloudy data directory

Milan Sil

Dear Cloudy experts,

The file "rate05_feb17.csv" in the data directory is basically UMIST 2006 reaction network (Woodall et al. 2007). So my question is when these rates are used in the model calculation?

Regards,
Milan

Gary Ferland

gary@Pro19 source % grep rate05_feb17 *.cpp
mole_reactions.cpp: read_data("rate05_feb17.csv",parse_udfa);

parsed if UDFA set
        if (UDFA)

--
Gary J. Ferland
Physics, Univ of Kentucky

Milan Sil

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your response and sorry for my very late reply in this thread.

Is the command SET CHEMISTRY UDFA12 [ON | OFF] [FULL] used to enable this "rate05_feb17.csv" chemistry network? [The keyword FULL enables all species, otherwise, the standard set of species from the old network is used. The default is to keep using the standard chemistry network from the trunk.]

When I used the command Cloudy fails showing:

 There should have been an option on this SET CHEMISTRY command.
 consult Hazy to find valid options.
 Sorry.
 [Stop in ParseSet at parse_set.cpp:262, something went wrong]

It would be great if the KIDA network can also be used.
https://www.nublado.org/ticket/219

peter_van_hoof

Hi Milan,

On 25/06/2020 08.06, Milan Sil via groups.io wrote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your response and sorry for my very late reply in this thread.
Is the command SET CHEMISTRY UDFA12 [ON | OFF] [FULL] used to enable this "rate05_feb17.csv" chemistry network? [The keyword FULL enables all species, otherwise, the standard set of species from the old network is used. The default is to keep using the standard chemistry network from the trunk.]
When I used the command Cloudy fails showing:
 There should have been an option on this SET CHEMISTRY command.
 consult Hazy to find valid options.
 Sorry.
 [Stop in ParseSet at parse_set.cpp:262, something went wrong]
It would be great if the KIDA network can also be used.
https://www.nublado.org/ticket/219
You certainly have been digging around! The SET CHEMISTRY UDFA12 command is meant for the RATE12 network (McElroy et al. 2013). It has nothing to do with the rate05_feb17.csv file. This command is experimental and only exists on a development branch. Tests with this branch gave very strange results where nearly all the carbon would end up in long carbon-chain molecules rather than CO (due to exponential runaway behavior in the network). At least that was the case with the full network. No satisfactory solution for this behavior was found and the project ground to a halt because of that. It is unclear if it will ever make it into a release version because of these problems.

No effort has been undertaken so far to implement the full KIDA network in Cloudy.

Cheers,

Peter.

--
Peter van Hoof
Royal Observatory of Belgium

Milan Sil

Thank you for your response. I get the point.

So is there any proper input command to use the rate05_feb17.csv file?

Thanks in advance,
Milan

peter_van_hoof

Hi Milan,

On 25/06/2020 13.37, Milan Sil via groups.io wrote:
Thank you for your response. I get the point.
So is there any proper input command to usethe rate05_feb17.csv file?
There is no command that uses the rate05_feb17.csv file. It looks like it is only read for testing purposes, to compare against our standard reaction database or something along those lines. It is not used for computations.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks in advance,
Milan